1. How the heck do I use the Stone Drink Dispenser?
Before using your new Dispenser, rinse with warm soapy water to ensure it’s clean. Make sure the valve is tight to avoid leakage (sometimes the Dispensers get bumped around during transit). Simply fill the top reservoir with water and pull the valve’s rock handle. Water will flow out of the valve. Push the valve back to the original position to stop dispensing water. 1-2 drips after closing the valve is normal.
Now you’re ready to use your Stone Drink Dispenser! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Remove the cap or cork of your beverage and place the rock on top of the bottle
- Turn the bottle over with the dispenser together as one
- Pull the tap to pour!
Visual learner? Check out our video here!
2. Will the Dispenser work with this bottle?
The Stone Drink Dispenser works with standard length wine bottles. It does not work with long bottlenecks (such as Gray Goose bottles) but can accommodate any bottleneck up to 3” in length and an 1-1/2” in diameter.
3. How do I clean my Drink Dispenser?
It is important to clean your Dispenser prior to first use and in between uses. Place your Dispenser in a sink, open the valve and run warm, soapy water (1-2 drops of dish soap) through the Dispenser and rinse thoroughly.
4. Help! My Drink Dispenser is leaking!
Leaking from the valve: try tightening the bottom nut (pictured below) clockwise about a quarter to halfway around. Sometimes this can get loose during transit.
Leaking from the top of the Dispenser: there are two explanations for overflow.
- A carbonated beverage is being used. As mentioned in our instruction card, the Stone Drink Dispenser does not accommodate carbonated beverages as they cause issues with the pressure inside the bottle.
- A bottle is being stored for too long. As mentioned in our instruction card, we do not recommend storing an open beverage in the Dispenser. The pressure outside the bottle and the pressure inside the bottle match, which is why the liquid doesn’t pour out when the bottle is loaded into the Dispenser. Changes in atmospheric pressure (due to a storm or other weather event) can change the pressure inside of the bottle if being stored too long. Another issue longterm storage can cause is fermentation, which can also cause overflow.
5. How does the Beach Stone Bottle Stopper work?
We don’t loving call it the “I Ain’t Lifting That Rock” Beach Stone Bottle Stopper for nothing! The Bottle Stopper is super helpful if you’re looking to use your Stone Drink Dispenser without having to lift the rock. Here’s how it works:
- Remove the cork or cap from your beverage of choice and replace it with the rubber stopper (there are 2 sizes included- choose the one that fits your bottle best).
- Insert the bottle with the stopper still inside into the Dispenser hole.
- Tug gently on the beach stone on the other end of the cord to dislodge the stopper and allow your beverage to be served.
- Viola! Your Dispenser is ready to go. Just remember to keep the stopper where it is (do not try to remove it) until the bottle is finished or you empty the remaining liquid into a separate container.
Visual learner? Check out our video here!
6. My Ultimate Dispenser is wobbling on the stand!
Don’t fret! A little wiggle room is normal and doesn’t impede use of your Dispenser. The Ultimate Dispenser and Ultimate Stand are not meant to fit air-tight and have enough space in between to remove the stand with ease in order to clean your Dispenser. The stand is inserted in the Ultimate Dispenser at a certain depth to maintain optimal stability. We recommend putting one hand on the Dispenser to assist in keeping it steady while the other hand moves the handle to dispense.
7. What's the difference between the Stone Drink Dispenser and the Ultimate Stone Drink Dispenser?
There are several differences between the Stone Drink Dispenser and the Ultimate Stone Drink Dispenser. The original Stone Drink Dispensers are made from granite cobblestone and the Ultimate Drink Dispensers are made from granite curbstone. The Ultimate Dispenser has a larger opening with improved bottle support, a self-closing valve, built-in bottle stopper and a socket on the bottom to accommodate the Ultimate Stand.
8. What is the best way to use the Match Striker?
Our Match Strikers only work with “Strike Anywhere” Matches. If you are having difficulty using the sides of the stone to light your matches, we recommend using the smooth bottom of the stone for best results!
Don't see what you're looking for? Head on over to our contact page and drop us a line!